PulseMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegister

CART System

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TofuBeast
Crashing
Crashing
TofuBeast

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-11-29

CART System Empty
PostSubject: CART System   CART System EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:42 am

At my school, we have an ROP/CART system.
Its a program that can be at your school, or other schools in the district, while CART is at seperate school/building.

Overall, the program is designed to train and teach about specific majors (ex. psychology, computer networking, biomedicine, photography, etc.)
It has a great learning environment where you're surronded by your peers for 1 1/2 hours, where you just get an idea of what you want to major, or what your interested in, in the near future.
Also, they offer college credits, and interships for a first-hands on experience. (Your making money for being at school.)

I just wanted to know if anyone else has any other great oppurtunities, or programs, similar or different from this?
Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Blanket
Crashing
Crashing
Blanket

Male
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-01-06

CART System Empty
PostSubject: Re: CART System   CART System EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 7:00 am

Well, at my school, since we're across the street from a college, we have the choice to take dual enrollment.

It's easier than AP and you still get college credit, but there's some advantage that AP has over it. Regardless, that's mine. It's no lottery ticket, such as yours but atleast we have something. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Werts
Crashing
Crashing

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-01-03

CART System Empty
PostSubject: Re: CART System   CART System EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Ha ha, we have this thing called CTEC, which very similar to CART, in that the students go off to a large, separate building away from the home school where they take long specialized courses in various job elements. Still a class, though.

We also have this other program which is much more like an internship. To be honest, I've forgotten the name of it, but I plan to apply for it. It's very difficult to get into, and you can choose between education, engineering, law, and medical school. All of them are excellent; you devote two days of your week to attending various multi-level courses in whichever of the four quadrants you choose. There are several smaller things in each. It also pairs up with the local college and you can get 18 college credits in the end for any of them (although with medical you have the opportunity for 20).

Then there's the College Experience Program, which I'm enlisted in. It's simply a program where high average students can go to a college night class for one semester. It's pretty interesting, and my professor can be raunchy and explicit like no high school teacher can. :D
Back to top Go down
DUCKY
Flatline
Flatline
DUCKY

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-08-04

CART System Empty
PostSubject: Re: CART System   CART System EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 4:49 pm

im in LAUSD
Los Angeles Unified School District
Umm....

man we dont got anything like those Angry scratch
Lucky Crying
Back to top Go down
Blanket
Crashing
Crashing
Blanket

Male
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-01-06

CART System Empty
PostSubject: Re: CART System   CART System EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:51 am

Maybe your school already has good benefits and doesn't need one?

You might wanna check on that or ask around.
It could benefit you greatly. =p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CART System Empty
PostSubject: Re: CART System   CART System Empty

Back to top Go down

CART System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PulseMS :: Discussion :: School and Homework Help-
Jump to: