PulseMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegister

How did you discover MS?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Werts
Crashing
Crashing

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-01-03

How did you discover MS? Empty
PostSubject: How did you discover MS?   How did you discover MS? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Share you stories here. Once I wrote a fictionalized version of my introduction to MS (which furthermore included a fictional plot that one day I hope to write again in a more mature format).

Here it is, my partial story written four and a half years ago, with immature censoring, spelling, and grammatical errors included (I skip many parts, illustrated by paragraph breaks):

Lizzy turned back to the computer, and started talking. "My friend told me about this game. He told me it was really good, and I should try it."
"So is it good?"
"Yeah, it's cool."
Marco looked at the screen. Lizzy was playing as a girl in a grassy area. She walked to the left, and she saw another guy.
"Wait, so other people play this game, too?" Marco asked.
"Yeah."
The guy, "Charyos", was talking to her.
"That's your friend?"
"No, it's an alien."
"Really?"
Lizzy turned around. "Dumbo." She turned back to the game. Marco, used to being insulted by Lizzy, shrugged it off and went to get his bookbag. He opened it up, and grabbed his Math book. Then suddenly, he remembered about the tornado.
"Lizzy, you know about the tornado. You really have to stop playing the game. We need to turn off all the electricity in the house."
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Give me a minute."
"Come on! You don't know what would happen if it strikes and the power's on!"
"Ugh. Fine! Loser!"
She typed in, "g2g". Charyos made a big fuss, and put on a crying face. They were with his friend, who also started crying.
"bye, sorry" Lizzy said. For about 5 minutes, they stood there, crying. Then...
"um, how do I leave?"
Marco, hysterical, watched Charyos' respose.
"lol!"
Charyos ran over to Lizzy and stabbed her. Much to Marco's surprise, the stab didn't hurt her.
"you go down to the menu button, click it, and go to end game"
Lizzy looked down to the bottom; there was no button there. Later, Marco and Lizzy would learn that that particular computer cut off the bottom of the screen, including the menu butons, and the Health bar. But for now, they stood, confused. Eventually, they found it, and exited the game. When the game was closed, Marco noticed the new icon on the screen. It had a picture of a mushroom. That mushroom, with a name under it, said: MapleStory.

So they downloaded it on the downstairs computer. It was, in every aspect, better. Lag-free, better qulaity graphics, and you could actually see the bottom-half of the screen. Marco created an account, and created a character that would be forever known as Werty.
The name Werty was actually a combination of his ideas and Sharr's friend's idea. Marco played on Neopets, and had an account, werts24. Originally it was going to be Derts, but it was taken. Then, May 19th, 2005 happened. It was the release of the last Star Wars movie. Sharr's friend, whom then on Neopets, was known as sandsoftime111. She had Neo-Mailed Marco, telling him how awesome the movie was. "YOU GOTTA SEE IT WERTY!" Marco had been used to being called Werts, but he liked Werty. Thus, the Maple character Werty was born.

"wanna go to Perion?" asked the friend.
"sure"
So Charyos and his friend went through a portal to the right. Werty, curious, follow. Charyos, at the time, had no idea who Werty was, so Chatryos ignored him. Werty was following Charyos litterally behind his back. They trekked though a contrustion site, and then through a dangerous, moutainous region, and eventually, a small town dubbed Perion. Werty then accidently clicked on a Taxi, and it took him back to Lith.
In an hour or so, Werty was level 10 .He, checking his map given to him by some guy named Shane, noticed he was in someplace in the "Thicket Around The Beach" area. He was actually with Lizzy, with the current character name as "AnnMarie". This would be the first time Werty would really meet Charyos.
"Hi!" said Werty.
"lol hi"
"Um, I followed you to Perion. lol"
"I noticed lol"
"So...you look cool." Charyos was a level 16 Warrior, dressed in silver armor. He was weilding a sword.
"lol thanks"
"I wanna be a wariror just like you!" Werty types in all grammar most of the time, which freaks everyone out.
"is your strengh 35 or higher?" Werty checked, and his strengh was 6. He used all the skill points he had (he didn't know what they were before) into strength.
"Now it is. lol"
"lol"
So Werty walked all the way back to a place, as Sharr would later call it, "Green Mushroom H***." He was correct, Green Mushrooms swarmed the place. Werty kept trying to hit it, but kept missing. So, inedivitally, he died. The good part was, he was back in Perion.
Dances with Balrog gained Werty the abilty to become a Warrior. Excited, he decided to tell Sharr about MapleStory the next day. He walked into the school, and sat down in before class started. He turned to Sharr and began blabbering.
"Hey, I found this really cool game. But it has a very bad name..."
"What is it?" Sharr asked, expecting (since it's coming from Marco) something idiotic.
Maroc paused for dramatic effect.
"...MapleStory." He burst out laughing. Sharr stared at him, a slight smile from his face.
"Okay...I see." He turned his head backwards, then back again.
"But it's good, you should try it."

Marco was on the phone with Sharr.
"Okay, you download it, right?"
"Yeah, took long enough."
"Now start up the game, and make a new character."
Sharr did; within a few days he would make a new character, Thiefofdarc.
But as for his current character, emperordarc, well, he would have a very hard time getting off the first and easy island, Maple Island. All night, would Marco and Sharr struggle to get emperordarc off Maple Island. All night, did Marco stand at the boat on Lith Harbor. Two days he would be stuck, two days would they joke about it. They would pretend about how old they were by the time emperordarc gets to Victoria Island.
How good those times were.
The summer vacation came and went. For the most part, Lizzy and Marco would spend their days all day on MapleStory with all their friends. They would make enemies, they would level and job advance, and the same goes for Charyos. Thiefofdarc was born and leveled up way faster, and eventually, past Werty. All in all, they had a lot of fun. There were some instances where there would be an agrument, but those never lasted.
There was one case in which Sharr's friend, known now as Rabbit, would log on Sharr's account with his permision. Lizzy acted nice, though you can tell she didn't like that name either. It was cool though, in Werty's eyes.
As for their job advancements, Werty became a Page, because he found a level 15 mace, and just went with it. Thiefofdarc became a Fighter, weiling a two-handed sword. AgentMJ, as Lizzy's new screename, became a Cleric, because "it's cool". And Charyos became a Page, only with a one-handed sword.

For clarification, Sharr/Thiefofdarc is Ch. ;D
Back to top Go down
Ch
Flatline
Flatline

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover MS?   How did you discover MS? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Present Day -

Thiefofdarc is now level 70
Werty is now level 65

They now live in a void of MS. Where they don't play anymore.
Back to top Go down
Frost
Flatline
Flatline
Frost

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover MS?   How did you discover MS? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 4:04 pm

lol wow its actually a pretty good story. reminds me of the good old lvl 10 days :)
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover MS?   How did you discover MS? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you discover MS?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PulseMS :: Other :: Maplestory Related-
Jump to: